1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

75 Scwinn Continental: A Great Ride This Morning - Riding For Breakfast

I was off this morning for breakfast-by-bicycle, riding out 22nd Street to Finley Road, and over Beacon Hill to Juicy-O.



I had the path mostly to myself on the way there. The intersection of 22nd and Finley is still stupid. There's only a pedestrian crossing of Finley on the North side of 22nd, so to Go South along Finley, (which is the only side with a sidewalk) you have to cross that intersection three times. That's also the side Juicy-O is on.

Beacon Hill is still a great workout, but no longer a hard challenge as back when I first got into riding again.

I had coffee, cream but no sugar, a small orange juice, an apple-cheddar omelette, and mixed fruit. No toast, pancakes, or potatoes.

After breakfast, I rode back up Beacon Hill and passed a young lady biking the way I'd just come, and another jogging the same direction I was riding. There was only one other bicyclist all the way home, and a couple of walkers.

The weather was glorious, about 80 degrees and sunny. About a six-mile ride, round-trip, but Beacon Hill put the work on it.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment