1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Monday, May 23, 2011

75 Schwinn Continental: Helmet Pics & Fix-A-Flat...

I had a fun time Saturday morning. I went to go ride the bike path along Lake Michigan with a couple of friends. As soon as I got to the bike room, I saw that I had a flat - with a week-old inner tube and tire. I pumped the tire up, but it was getting way low within 15 minutes. I was able to go ride, but I had to stop five times and pump the tire up. I suspected that the rust and rough spots inside the rim were punching pin holes in the tube. I spent about an hour today scouring rust and filing rough spots inside the rear rim before putting a fresh tube on the rear wheel. We'll see over the next couple of days if it worked.

Also, here are the photos of the Air Mail helmet by Nutcase that I promised a few days ago. Note the magnetic clasp that allows one-handed operation.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment