1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Thursday, May 19, 2011

75 Schwinn Continental: Nice Long Ride This Morning...

I took the Connie about 3-4 miles North along Ardmore, then caught the Illinois Prairie Trail going East about 5 miles to I-294, then back.

The chain slipped off the front low-gear sprocket about three times when I was down-shifting the rear sprocket. I find that baffling, unless I was backpedaling a little and didn't realize it.

The front brake cable also popped out of the handle once. I'm thinking that I want to tighten up both brakes a little. You really have to crank on them to stop. A little fine-tuning yet.

The weather was perfect. 62 degrees F, light overcast, slight hint of breeze.

I'm thrilled. I got close to 20 miles round trip, and a ton of fresh trails to ride.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment