1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Glen Ellyn Cycling And Fitness

I stopped in and talked to Dennis this afternoon. This shop has been a Schwinn dealer for decades.

Dennis gave me some good tips on the restoration, and a couple of leads on supplies.

He also has a couple of very clean old 60's stingrays, and a a few 70's ten-speeds. One of them is a continental, in good mechanical condition for $89.00. The bike has been re-painted, so non-stock paint & no decals, but the hardware is in better shape than my Connie. Just sayin'.

I can't bring myself to part out one of these bikes. I'll buy parts, but I won't desyroy a functioning bike for them.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment