1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beautiful 10 Miles Along The Lake...

One of my co-workers and I took a ten-mile ride along Lake Michigan this evening after work.
We started near Soldier Field, and rode five miles North, then back.

Temps were upper 80's F, overcast, and breezy but not windy.

There was some kind of running marathon getting ready to start, and the runners were wearing campy knock-offs of super hero uniforms. There was at least one Batman, a Space Ghost, and five Wonder Women that I saw.

We turned around about two miles North of Navy Pier, and got back past just as the marathon was starting. There are two parallel sections of pathway there, so we weren't impeded by the runners.

The wire from the dynamo broke loose from my headlamp, so I'll have to fix that tomorrow after work. I also skinned a knuckle putting the bike back in the work truck. I've long since figured that's a due sacrifice to the Gods of Old Machines.

All in all, it was glorious.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment