1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Thursday, August 23, 2012

75 Shwinn Continental: Breakfast Ride, Slightly Chaotic

I took a ride over to Juicy-O about 1pm thos afternoon for a late breakfast. They close at 3:30pm.

I swear, at almost every driveway and side-street crossing along the way, there were completely oblivious smogger drivers who were turning without looking. Even though these people are crossing a bike path, they just don't look.

Beacon Hill was still a good, solid workout both directions.

I had a spinach and feta cheese omelette with tomato, onion, and avocado, side of fruit, (canteloupe and honey dew) no potatoes, toast, or pancakes, and un-sweetened coffee with half-and-half.

For some reason, it took about 30 minutes for the omelette to get to the table after ordering, which is unusual.

Still, the food was good and healthy, the weather was beautiful, and I feel great after a good, hard ride. Now I'm fresh off the shower and ready for the rest of my vacation day.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment