1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Replacing Schwinn Rims With Velo Orange 700 cc Super-Polished Alloy Raid Rims






I just ordered four rims, should be here in 2-5 business days. Then it's tires, spokes, etc.

Ride on...without flats!

Dan

**UPDATE**

I canceled the order on the advise of my bike shop tech and ordered some 27" x 1&1/4" polished alloy rims that will work with my stock Schwinn brakes and not change my ride geometry, AND allow me to to keep my new Schwalbe kevlar-strip tires & tubes.

The bike shop is going to notify me by text when they arrive. I will be upgrading Big Blue first.

The newer tires use a hook-bead seal and the old Schwinn rims don't support that, hence all the blowouts.

Hmmm. I wonder if you can get alloy rims chromed?? - Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment