1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Beautiful Hour Pushing Back


The weather was gorgeous this morning.

I grabbed my Nutcase Airmail helmet and my Sector 9 New Lennox bamboo cruiser and hit the parking lot for a good hour of push and roll.

I'm approaching longboarding in a fashion similar to Tai Chi. Focus and meditate on feeling an energetic connection with the board under your feet, and the earth under your board. I'm in no hurry, and I like practicing balancing on the board as it slows to a near-stop. With the springiness of the bamboo, and the height and flexibility of the double-articulated Sidewinder trucks, it's a deep challenge. Perfect as we move into Autumn, which tends to bring me to a more introspective and meditative state of mind.

After rolling around for an hour, I went on Cafepress.com and designed a new longboarding tee shirt. I'll link it here later.

I just saw three young longboarders cruising around downtown Chicago this evening. Someday I'll play like that.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment