1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cool, Crisp, Bright...

...that's how I would decribe this morning.

It took me a few rolls to get warmed up - both figuratively & literally. I had to wear a hoodie. It was only 50 degrees F out there, and breezy.

The breeze was blowing in my uphill direction, so it was slowing me a bit on the way down. I was losing about twenty yards of travel. That added a bit to the workout.

I saw my friend Pete out riding his bike, and stopped to say "hi." We were talking about how biking and longboarding are good for your balance. Pete said something that stuck with me. (He often does, he's about 25 years older than I am, and pretty smart.) Pete said "There are three balancing acts we all have to do in life; head, heart, and wallet."

At any rate, it was a great ride.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment