1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Off To Meet The Spoke And Rim Wizards...

My 1975 Schwinn Continental, "Big Blue," went into the shop today to get modern polished-alloy rims with a true bead seal for mordern tires spoked to the original Schwinn hubs. I hate to abandon the original steel and chrome, but the new rims look close, and won't let the inner tubes pop out the sides, and can handle 90 PSI inflation. Looking forward to riding without the flats!!

The Lightning Bug goes in for the same when I pick up Big Blue.

I'll detail the info on the rims with pics when I pick Big Blue up.

The work is being done at Bicycles, Etc of Lisle, IL.

Ride On,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment