1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Letter From The Publisher, Tour De France Issue, Bicycle Times

I totally agree spend the money on bicycling infrastructure. You'll do more for bicycling than a million races could. While you're at it, start getting States to designate all North & East sidewalks for bicycles, and South and West sidewalks for pedestrians. Sidewalks are woefully under-utilized, and you'd open up massive bicycle commuting possibilities with mostly paint and signage. I spent yesterday morning riding my '72 Continental 24 miles round-trip up and down the Lakefront trail in Chicago from McCormick Place to the North end and back. One if the most beautiful rides on the planet, and two-thirds of it I was getting passed by mad Lance-alikes with their heads down doing 30.   Give me blue jeans and my Nutcase Airmail helmet any day.

Dan Stafford
Oak Brook, IL
http://1975continental.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment