1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

"Pinky"


My niece Jessica riding an old 50's girls' cruiser she called "Pinky" at the farmhouse we used to rent.

I have no idea of the actual make, model, or year of this bike.

1989 or 1990, Janesville, WI.

I shared this pic with my sister's kids on Facebook today. I knew it would be nostalgic for all of them, as it was my mother's bike.

I've been scanning old family photos by the hundreds. There are some from when my sister got her first bike at six years old - for her birthday. There are some from when my nieces and nephews got their first bikes, and my son's first tricycle. (It was his 2nd birthday.)

I'll occasionally be posting pics of these kids with their bikes here under the tag "Kids' Bikes."

Reminisce...and ride on!

Dan

1 comment: