1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Longboarding This Morning Mid-August 2013

Yes, I'm still a noob.

I bike a lot (pedals, as in 10-speed, old-school, blue Schwinn) and rollerskate on Friday mornings. This is my first time outside with my Sector 9 this year, shame on me. I should give up sleeping.

Man, what a solid core workout! I'm feeling it in all the places you would doing squats, but also abs & lower back. It's like Pilates on wheels! (And more fun)

I have a feeling that if I mix a couple of mornings a week of this, (say an hour each to start) I'll put the exercise monster over the edge and start slimming.

Two mornings bike 3 hours, two mornings longboard an hour, rollerskate Fridays, two hours lifting weights...if that doesn't do it I don't have a clue what would.

I can't bike ride for a few days, though. There's a hole in our parking lot near one of the drains. I stepped on the edge wrong, fell on my ass, and got a baseball-sized case of road-rash on my left knee. Pedaling is just a bit too much bend yet.

The fall happened this past Saturday. I'm looking to do a ride with my friend Luis this coming Saturday. The two of us have been riding bikes together since the Summer of 1975...which eventually led to this blog. :-)

Ride on,

Dan

(*)T(*)_-

No comments:

Post a Comment