1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Saturday, April 16, 2011

'75 Continental: What I'd Done Before I Started This Blog...

...was to have all the bearings replaced. On the goose neck, the rim hubs, etc. I also had the rear sprockets replaced and a new chain put on, and new cabling for the brakes and shifters. (That's ANOTHER thing they don't make anymore, the color-matched cabling that was original to the bike.)

I also replaced the seat with an..ahem.."anatomy-safe" Surfas saddle.























I also replaced the pedals, which had been falling apart. You can see them in the pic above, and also this one below:














As always, click on any of the photos for a larger view. I take them with my phone cam, which is 8 megapixel, so they're pretty good quality images.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment