1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Breakfast Ride 2013...

I just did my 1st breakfast ride of the season over to Juicy-O this morning.

The Connie rode beautifully. I may still have some legs left from last year, but riding up Beacon Hill twice is still a bear this early in the season. It's only my second riding week of the year due to being on vacation the past two weeks.

Temps are low 70's F, sky was sunny when I left, but starting to cloud up pretty thick on the return ride.

My wife Saren met me there for breakfast. I had a tomato-bacon-avocado omelette with onion & feta, fruit on the side, no toast, no potato, and regular coffee with 1/2 & 1/2. Saren had pancakes & poached with decaf.

I had to go off the path a couple of times coming back, one was a rough hit on the tire sidewalls and rim sides. It's been a cool, wet Spring, and the greenery is over-growing a few spots on my route.

I checked the wheels when I got home. The steel rims are fine, but the front tire has a slight gouge in the sidewall. It also has a little dry rot and longitudinal cracking where the sidewall joins the tread face. It's about 5 years old, so no surprise. I'm glad I looked.

I'll pick up a couple of fresh tires Friday and throw them in the locker.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment