1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Serial Number CJ600776


I just did the #0000 steel wool treatment on half of the 1972 Connie. I'm going to call her Firefly. OMG, this bike is in FANTASTIC shape under that light patina of oxidation.

All the hardware, including the handle bar tape is Schwinn-approved original. There's a working add-on generator light set too.

This bike glows and gleams where she's been cleaned up. She's going to be highly-visible in the city at night, especially after I point LED flashers in strategic places toward all that chrome.

My, oh, my. $60.00, can you believe it? I'll get some photos as soon as I get her fully-cleaned up, then another round with rear rack and up-lighting system, day and night.

Ride On,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment