1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Thursday, May 19, 2011

75 Schwinn Continental: The Chicago Green Festival...

...was lots of fun. However, the bike rental did NOT have the Calypso Cruiser 7-speed bikes I had reserved online. They had a three-speed Trek model I'm not familiar with. It worked OK, though.

On the way to the fest, the ride was cool, but not too bad. We were riding right along the Lake Michigan shoreline, so it was pretty windy.

The Fest operators had an indoor bike-valet set up, so there was no worry at all about the bikes being stolen or abused.

The Fest itself was lots of fun, with about 150 sustainable-product vendors and twenty-plus speakers per day. I bought a few things for my wife and I, and a couple of gifts for friends.

The ride back, however, was pretty miserable. The winds had really picked up out of the North, and we were riding North. Additionally, there was a steady drizzle, and both my son and I were pretty wet by the time we'd dropped the bikes off.

All-in-all, I'd prefer to have my own bike, and not to ride if there's a chance of rain. It was a fun adventure, though.

Ride on,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment