1975 Schwinn Continental

1975 Schwinn Continental
This is the bike before most of the restoration work - click to view full-size

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

75 Schwinn Continental: Good Two-Hour Ride Today

I was out on the Connie for a good couple of hours this morning.

I was doing a fairly leisurely ride. Dropped off a couple of DVD's at the video store, then rode over to the gym where my wife was working out. I cruised lightly around the strip mall parking lot for a good 45 minutes. While cruising there, I spotted a "Euro Deli" that had some of their advertising in Polish. It was the second-busiest place there, and I was hearing a lot of Polish being spoken...I'll let you draw your own conclusions on the food quality.

On the way home, I was at a cross walk that had one of those fold-down manual stop signs. It was in the worst possible position, completely blocking my view of oncoming traffic. That thing is just plain dangerous; it's a busy and wide intersection there.

All-in-all, a good early-season workout with several challenges and route discoveries.

Ride on,

Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment